Who can apply:
- Online applications are possible only for A1 courses (level A1 and A1.2). Please see placement and registration for information about how to apply for German courses on level A2.1 and higher.
- A1 is appropriate if you have never studied German before. You should apply for A1.2 if you have already finished an A1.1 course or have learned German individually for a while. If you are not sure, please take the A1-A2 placement test.
- Students, doctoral candidates and employees at the University of Potsdam may apply by filling in the online form below. In general, we decide within one or two weeks whether or not you will be admitted to the course and send a confirmation e-mail.
- Doctoral candidates and employees at one of the cooperating academic institutions or research institutions in the Potsdam region may also apply by filling in the online form below, but will only get admission if places are left after UP members have been enrolled.
- Guests are welcome to apply and have their names put on a waiting list. Students and employees of the University of Potsdam have priority in the allocation of language course places. Unfortunately, we can only estimate in the second week after the start of the courses whether we can offer guests free places on the courses or not.
Registration is possible as of April 1 and October 1.
Please fill out the form below (after 1st April/1st October) if you would like to register for the basic course A1 (beginners). Please note: After you have submitted the form you need to confirm again to actually send the data to Zessko.
Please consult the course catalogue (from March 16th / September 16th update available for the upcoming semster) to see when the courses are being held.
Please note: The form is accessible only from April 1st / Oktober 1st for the upcoming application period.