Students from all departments (EXCEPT LAW STUDENTS!)
- Before you start, make sure you can work on the placement test for up to 35 minutes without disturbance or interruption. It is not possible to quick-save the test or to re-register. This test can only be taken again at the beginning of the next semester, at the earliest.
- The result of the placement test is binding and has to match the score listed as a prerequisite for the course you wish to enroll in.
- Please work independently and without a dictionary or any other help. Be careful to write your name and your Matriculation Number correctly when you register for the test.
- Students who would like to repeat the placement test must present proof before they take the test again that they have in the meantime successfully completed a language course of at least 4 semester hours (60 x 45 minutes) or have studied abroad.
- Students who are registered at other universities should enter their own Matriculation Number when registering for the placement test.
- People who are merely auditing a course, alumni and staff, or are otherwise not currently registered as university students should think of a seven-digit number NOT BEGINNING WITH 7 or 8, write it down for later reference, and enter it into the system.
- The test result as well as information concerning course registration will be displayed when the test has been completed and submitted.
- You can contact our staff in the English Department if you have any further questions concerning the test or concerning course registration.
- English for Academic Purposes, UNIcert II: Herr Skowronek (skowron @ uni-potsdam.de)
- English for Academic Purposes, UNIcert III: Frau Dr. Hirsch (hirsch @ uni-potsdam.de)
- English for Economics and Business Studies, UNIcert III: Herr Meier (davmeier @ uni-potsdam.de)
- English for Economics and Social Sciences, UNIcert IV: Herr Meier (davmeier @ uni-potsdam.de)
- English for the Natural Sciences, UNIcert III: Herr Skowronek (skowron @ uni-potsdam.de)
- English for the Social Sciences, UNIcert III: Herr Skowronek (skowron @ uni-potsdam.de)
Students who are registered at other universities (visiting students), University of Potsdam staff and alumni as well as interested others (auditors) who would like to take an English course at the University of Potsdam should inform Steffen Skowronek (skowron @ uni-potsdam.de) of their test result and let him know which courses they are interested in. As University of Potsdam students have to be given priority in the admission process, others will be informed about remaining places via e-mail only after the first week of the lecture period. Auditors and visiting students also have to submit a formal application to the Offfice of Student Affairs and will only be allowed to participate in the courses when this formal application has been granted.
The placement test for the English department is valid for at least three years, or as long as the result is shown under “My test results” in PULS or EES; in general, the results are applicable until a student completes his or her studies at the University of Potsdam.
For law students in the 3rd semester and higher who have not yet taken the test: Friday, Oct 04, 11:00-12:00), link to the registration (as of Sept 17, 09:00 a.m.)
For first-semester law students and students who have not yet taken the test: Wednesday, Dec 04, 16:00, link to the registration
- Prior registration required.