Fit for teaching
Target group: Postdocs, Juniorprofs and New Appointees
Duration of the program: 12 month
The application deadline for the 2023/24 round is closed.
Do you know this? Do you have a lot of pressure to make a name for yourself and do you also want your teaching to be a flagship? You prepare your lectures extensively and still the enthusiasm does not want to jump over? Then the Senior Teaching Professionals Programme is just right for you. This one-year certificate programme consists of:
- University didactic training (6 workshops)
- Independent teaching (2 SWS)
- Mentoring by experienced university teachers
- Collegial exchange: teaching observation and Forum ProLehre
Make preparing your courses easier through efficient planning and activating methods.
- Gain more confidence in teaching.
- Work with more motivated students who are self-organized and think for themselves.
- Achieve a higher level of participation in your courses.
- Use ideas and impulses from discussions with students for your own research.
- Learn from colleagues and see yourself teaching with different eyes.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will receive a certificate for your future application procedures.
Conditions of participation & Additional information
The programme is aimed at postdocs, juniorprofs and new appointees of all disciplines.
Please note your status as one of the following:
- University of Potsdam
- Partner institutes
The amount of the programme costs depends on your affiliation to one of these groups. For more information, please refer to the current announcement.
If necessary, free childcare can be arranged in Potsdam during the workshops. Please contact us in case of need.
Please submit the following application documents during the application period:
- Online registration
- Letter of motivation
- Preliminary confirmation of participation
- Declaration of consent from mentor
- Declaration of cost coverage, if applicable
For detailed information, please refer to the call for proposals.