PhD`s and postdocs meet experts from the fields of economy, science, industry, politics and civil society. The Career Talks take 60-90 minutes and are open to all interested persons.
We invite you to inform you about diverse professional fields and career opportunities for scientists. You will gain exclusive insights into current trends and topics in various industries. The speakers will talk about their personal experiences and professional challenges.
Take the chance and get in touch with the experts and other scientists.
Career Talk in November 15, 2023 from 01:00 - 02:00pm, digital
"Courageous, bold, and creative: Be ready for the unexpected"
About career plans, big pictures, and life decisions. How I built my career with strategic moves, detours and dream jobs.
What is it like to leave science and enter the culture business? What are the intersections with science when you work in a central role in one of Germany's most important museums? What role can museums play in science communication? How do they shape debate spaces and bring scientific knowledge closer to citizens? And what distinguishes Germany from other countries, especially the USA?
We want to discuss all these questions with Dietrich Wolf Fenner. He is head of the public relations department at the Museum of Communication in Berlin. Previously, he was director of the German Center for Research and Innovation in New York and program director of the German Academic International Network. He made a conscious decision not to pursue a doctorate after graduation, yet he is deeply committed to academia. In his talk, Mr. Fenner provides insights into his career path and important life decisions. He talks about how he found his dream jobs strategically and also through detours. It is sure to be exciting, we look forward to having you join us!
For more information please feel free to visit his LinkedIn account.
Career Talks - Archive
- "My career path from scientist to managing director of one of Germany's largest biotechnology parks", Dr. Christina Quensel (April 2023)
- "From science to start-up - Ina Henkel and her path as a PhD nutritionist to a successful businesswoman", Dr. Ina Henkel (June 2022)
- "My way to the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Helena Schulte to Bühne" (March 2022)
- "Mikropolitik in der Wissenschaft", Dr. Veronika Fuest (November 2021)
- "Diversity-Kompetenz als Lehr- und Forschungshaltung? Perspektivenvielfalt in der praktischen Umsetzung“, Jennifer Scholl (May 2021)
- "Resilienz – Innere Stärke und Gelassenheit in turbulenten Zeiten", Dr. Merlinda Dalipi (March 2021)