Fit for Teaching
Target group: International and German PhD candidates, postdoctoral researchers and junior professors
Duration of the program: 12 months
The new call for applications for the ITP round 2024/25 will start in May 2024.
You want to gain teaching experience and improve your didactic skills? You are uncertain about the local teaching culture? Your students seem uninterested? You would like to improve your career opportunities by earning a certificate?
Then join the International Teaching Professionals program!
The annual certificate program includes:
- Didactic training by experts in academic teaching practice (8 workshops in English)
- Practical teaching project at the University of Potsdam
- Mentoring by an experienced university teacher
- Networking: Mutual teaching observations and exchange in the ProTeaching Forum
- Confident and self-assured appearance in class
- Gain new ideas and motivation for teaching
- Dealing with stress and improving the teaching atmosphere
- Reflection of your teaching project with experienced teachers and colleagues
- Interdisciplinary exchange with other ITP participants
- Constructive feedback on problems from colleagues, mentors and trainers
- Dealing with critical students
Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a certificate for your future applications.
Voices of testimonials from the program:
Conditions of participation & Additional information
Please note that the program costs are based on three membership groups:
- University of Potsdam
- Partner institution
- External applicant
The participation fee depends on your affiliation. For further information please check the current announcement.