Building an academic profile, positioning yourself and strengthening scholarly competencies
Target group: tenure-track professors, junior professors and postdocs at the University of Potsdam
Language: German& English
“Fit for the Professorship” provides support for tenure-track professors, junior professors and postdocs during this unique and challenging qualification phase, enabling you to position yourself successfully and handle the demands that come with the new position. The program offers advice on managing different roles and expectations typical for this career path. We support you with individual workshops and networking opportunities among peers and academic staff.
We support you with workshops and networking opportunities tailored to your needs. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further wishes, ideas or needs.
Please note that most offers are in German.
The workshops can be booked on their own or as an entire package. A participation fee of 37.50 € per workshop day is charged for the workshops. The "Potential Check" can be booked for a participation fee of €75 for postdocs/doctoral researchers at the University of Potsdam.
|Feb 23, 2024
|09:00am - 4:00pm
|Best of Resiliienz - stark gegen Stress (in German only)
|Jun 3/4, 2024
|09:00am - 1:00pm
|Agiles Projektmanagement (in German only)
|July 18, 2024
|09:00am - 12:30pm
|Wenn mehrere Hüte einen Kopf schmücken - Rollenklärung als Tenure-Track- bzw. Juniorprofessor*in (in German only)
|Oct 14/16/18, 2024
|09:00am - 1:00pm
|Career Choices – Design your Career According to Your Strengths and Values
|Sep 19, 2024
|09:00am - 8:00pm
|Potential Check (in German only)
|Nov 7, 2024
|09:00am - 12:30pm
|Ahoi, Kapitän*in - Impulse zur Führung in der Wissenschaft (in German only)
PoGS initiates meetings and exchange formats within the group of qualification professors, e.g. with external trainers, with experts within the University of Potsdam as well as with the university management, such as the regular end-of-semester round. Are you interested in special topics? Feel free to contact us!
April 23, 2024 from 09:00-11:00 am in the Science Floor in the Bildungsforum (Room Schwarzschild)
Discussion round (in German) with Prof. Dr. Barbara Höhle, Vice President for Research, Early Career Researchers and Equal Opportunities
Registration by e-mail via: nadja.schubertuuni-potsdampde
Conditions of participation & further information
- The workshops are aimed at tenure-track professors, junior professors and postdocs of the University of Potsdam from all disciplines.
- There is a cost contribution of 37.50 € per workshop. The workshops can be booked on their own or as an entire package.
- Participation in the networking formats is free of charge.
- During the workshops and networking formats, free childcare can be organized if required. Please contact us in case of need.
- Registration: To register for the individual workshops, please click on the corresponding link of the workshop. If you are interested in taking part in the networking parts, please register at least 14 days before the start via the email address nadja.schubertuuni-potsdampde.
You will receive further information after registration.
Further PoGS Offers
- Financial support, e.g. travel subsidies, publication cost subsidies, proofreading
- Individual coaching
- Further education programs, including Science Communication, Science Management, Mentoring Plus, Senior Teaching Professionals Program, Research Management & Leadership, Leadership Skills for Transformation
- Workshops on Presentation & Communication, Writing and Management Skills, and Career Development & Orientation
- Career Talks, Science Club and Spot on PoGS Community
Feel free to browse our website. An overview of the offerings can be found here.