How to contribute
Environmental and climate protection is the result of many small decisions that cannot all be controlled at a central point.
The problem is that everyone has to do something to achieve the best result.
The advantage everyone can do something to support the environment!
This is what all university members can do
- Feedback of improvement ideas for climate protection at the university.
- In case of damages: report to the Facility Management of the UP (e.g. defective light bulbs, heaters, toilet flushes, etc.): HGP-Service (Intranet!) or under 977 2010
- Use of public transport & bicycle (repair-stations on campus!)
- Separate garbage where possible! (Only garbage that is optimally separated by university employees is also disposed of separately by the cleaning staff)
- Print out and copy as little as possible and use duplex print!
- Use recycled paper as often as possible, also when color printing!
- When leaving the rooms: close windows, set heating to 2 and turn off lights!
- Eat vegetarian or vegan food more often (award-winning Mensa!)
- Delete not required mails as well as files on the UP-Box (saves server space and thus power for cooling)
- Sign up as a climate ambassador!
What students can do
- Use Nextbike
- Get active in SINC & support the Umweltreferat (environmental department) of the AStA
- Your own projects are welcome!
- Educate yourself via Studium Oecologicum & Co.
What all employees can do
- Use the exchange platform to procure and pass on equipment, furniture, and chemicals.
- Where it has proven sucessful, continue home office & online meetings instead of business travel!
What university teachers can do
- Register own courses with sustainability topics (form)
- Include sustainability topics in own teaching
- Support the Studium Oecologicum
- Where it has proven successful, continue to offer online teaching!
- If it is reasonable, accept duplex printed theses
- Remind students of closing windows, setting the heating and turning of the lights at the end of late lectures (template)