Skip to main content

Master's Degree Programs (except teaching-oriented)

If you have received an admission notification, and if you fulfill all enrollment requirements, you may enroll for a master's degree program.

You may apply for enrollment

  • for the summer semester from February 15 until April 15
  • for the winter semester from August 15 until October 15

Please note: If possible, we recommend that you enroll by the end of March (for the summer semester) or by the end of September (for the winter semester) in order to ensure that you may commence with your studies at the very beginning of the semester.

1. Students who are already enrolled at the University of Potsdam and who wish to continue their studies in a non-teaching-oriented master's degree progam.

Information on transferring in a master's degree program is available here: Transferring from bachelor to master.

2. New students who have not earned the degree entitling them to study for a master's degree at the University of Potsdam, or who are not beginning their master's degree program immediately after earning their bachelor's degree at the UP.

Enrollment for master's degree programs is done exclusively online via the University Admissions Portal. After you have entered the information required for enrollment, all documents needed for enrollment must be uploaded in the University Admissions Portal under "Add enrollment documents".

Photo of the portal

... continue to the University Admissions Portal

You can use this portal from February 15, 2024 to April 15, 2024 to enroll in master's degree programs for the summer semester 2024.

Information on Preliminary Enrollment

(Not applicable to continuing education master’s degree programs!)

Due to the amendment to the Brandenburg Higher Education Act (Brandenburgisches Hochschulgesetz – BbgHG) of July 1, 2015, you will be able to provisionally enroll in a master's degree program if the necessary proof of a completed bachelor's degree cannot be submitted by the end of the enrollment deadline (April 15 (for the summer semester) or October 15 (for the winter semester)).

For preliminary enrollment a "Declaration of the completion of all academic requirements for the degree for provisional enrollment" must be made in the University Admissions Portal. Furthermore, a confirmation from your university is required. You may only submit such a declaration if all academic achievements required for the degree have been properly registered, completed and submitted by the end of the deadline mentioned above, and if it is only their evaluation or grading that is still pending. Confirmation by the institution of higher education that these requirements have been met may be submitted by April 20 for the summer semester or by October 20 for the winter semester.

Please note: If you fail to submit proof of the completed bachelor's degree to the Student Administration Center/ Office of Student Affairs by the end of the first semester of the master's degree program (March 31 or September 30), your enrollment will be revoked retrospectively. Therefore, please ensure that you have completed your degree when you provisionally enroll in a master's degree program, and ask for advice in due time if there are any uncertainties, i. e. at least 6 weeks before the end of the semester. If you completed your bachelor's degree at the University of Potsdam, then the Student Administration Center/ Examination Office will provide assistance. If your previous degree was obtained at another university, please contact the responsible office of your former university. The Central Student Advisory Service can inform you about possible risks and consequences of a preliminary enrollment in a master's degree program.

You must have the following documents in order to enroll:

After your enrollment documents have been processed and if they are complete, we will send you information on paying the semester fees to the e-mail address provided in the University Admissions Portal.

After your payment has been received, your Potsdam University's Chip Card (PUCK) will be issued and sent to you by post if you provided an address in Germany. The envelope will contain:

Note for prospective international students

The website of the International Office will provide international students with detailed information to help them prepare for enrollment.