The Commission for Internationalization took up its work as a central commission of the Senate on January 1, 2024. It was formed to succeed the Advisory Board for Internationalization, which was expanded slightly. The advisory board accompanied the German Rectors' Conference (HRK) audit on Internationalization of Universities in 2011/2012 as well as the associated re-audit from 2017—2020 and contributed to the creation of the current Internationalization Strategy. A list of all members of the commission is available on the websites on the central commissions of the Senate. The commission is chaired by the Vice President for Teaching, Studies, and Europe, Dr. Britta van Kempen. The President takes part in the meetings twice a year.
The Commission for Internationalization (IK) is responsible for:
- the further development of the Internationalization Strategy of the University of Potsdam
- the creation of measures to achieve the goals of the Internationalization Strategy of the University of Potsdam
- supporting university management in its internationalization endeavors
- drawing up measures to improve the international visibility of the University of Potsdam
- identifying problems international students and staff face at the University of Potsdam and proposing solutions to these problems
- deliberations on topics relating to University of Potsdam students on semesters abroad, internships abroad, or in collaboration projects with international research institutions and universities
- selecting the winners of the DAAD Prize (together with two student representatives of the Commission for Academic Affairs LSK, who are invited to the selection meeting)
- deliberations on current internationalization topics (external guests may attend)
The members of the commission report to their respective organizational units regarding relevant results of these deliberations.
The commission meets five times a year. Upcoming meeting dates are posted on this page on Senate commissions. If you are interested in attending a meeting, please contact Ms. Böhning one week in advance so that she can send you the invitation and agenda.