Building an academic profile, positioning yourself and strengthening scholarly competencies
Target group: tenure-track professors, junior professors and postdocs at the University of Potsdam
Language: all offers in German
Offers: tailor-made workshops, networking opportunities
“Fit for the Professorship” provides support for tenure-track professors, junior professors and postdocs during this unique and challenging qualification phase, enabling you to position yourself successfully and handle the demands that come with the new position. The program offers advice on managing different roles and expectations typical for this career path. We support you with individual workshops and networking opportunities among peers and academic staff.
We support you with workshops and networking opportunities tailored to your needs. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further wishes, ideas or needs.
Please note that all offers are in German.
The half-day online workshops can be booked on their own or as an entire package. A participation fee of 30 € per workshop day is charged for the workshops.
|March-October 2023||ERC Starting Grant Coaching - Registration already closed|
|25.05.2023||08:45 - 12:45 am||Konferenzen stressfrei planen (in German)|
|10.10.2023||08:45 - 12:45 am||Konferenzen erfolgreich durchführen (in German)|
|tba||Profilbildung als Führungskraft in Wissenschaft und Lehre (in German)|
|tba||Den Übergang vom Postdoc zur Professur aktiv gestalten (in German)|
PoGS initiates meetings and exchange formats within the group of qualification professors, e.g. with external trainers, with experts within the University of Potsdam as well as with the university management, such as the regular end-of-semester round. Are you interested in special topics? Feel free to contact us!
Conditions of participation & further information
- The workshops are aimed at tenure-track professors, junior professors and postdocs of the University of Potsdam from all disciplines.
- There is a cost contribution of 30 € per workshop. The workshops can be booked on their own or as an entire package.
- Participation in the networking formats is free of charge.
- During the workshops and networking formats, free childcare can be organized if required. Please contact us in case of need.
- Registration: To register for the individual workshops, please click on the corresponding link of the workshop. If you are interested in taking part in the networking parts, please register at least 14 days before the start via the email address nadja.schubertuuni-potsdampde.
You will receive further information after registration.
Further PoGS Offers
- Financial support, e.g. travel subsidies, publication cost subsidies, proofreading
- Individual coaching
- Further education programs, including Science Communication, Science Management, Mentoring Plus, Senior Teaching Professionals Program, Research Management & Leadership, Research Meets Market
- Workshops on Presentation & Communication, Writing and Management Skills, and Career Development & Orientation
- Career Talks, Science Club and Spot on PoGS Community
Feel free to browse our website. An overview of the offerings can be found here.