Fields of Research and Research Interests
- Jewish and Christian history during the Middleages and Early Modern Times
- History of Philosophy, Knowledge and Science
- History of the Sephardic Jews
- Jews in the Colonial Americas and the Atlantic World
- Christian Hebraica
- Intercultural Communication and Cultural Transfer
- Postcolonial Studies
- Knowledge, Trade and Religion
Geographical focus on the Iberian Peninsula, the Northern Netherlands and the Colonial Americas.
Ongoing Research Projects
- Jews in America: From the Beginnings until Independence (monograph).
- Trading Knowledge: Learned Merchants and Conceptions of the Globe in the 17th Century Dutch Republic (monograph).