- Courses in the scope of the ESiSt network - Successful start in university studies for international students in the state of Brandenburg
- for prospective students of the University of Potsdam, University of Applied Sciences Potsdam and the University of Applied Sciences Brandenburg
- financed by the state of Brandenburg
|SVB-Course (SVB, October - May)||University entrance exam (HZP, June)||comments|
|Application period||01.04. - 15.08.||01.02. - 01.04.|
|Target group||Universität Potsdam, FH Potsdam, TH Brandenburg||Universität Potsdam, FH Potsdam, TH Brandenburg||Prospective students who would like to study at the above-mentioned universities|
|Required university entrance qualification||indirect/"Home"-HZB||indirect/"Home"-HZB||will be checked in the course of the application|
|Required language level||at least "Deutsch B2"||at least "Deutsch C1"||will be checked in the course of the application|
|Desired study||must be mentioned in the letter of motivation||must be mentioned in the letter of motivation||Letter of motivation must contain only name of desired field of study|
|Application via uni-assist||Course name: Deutsche Sprachprüfung - Studienvorbereitung Brandenburg (ESiSt)||Course name: Studienvorbereitung-Hochschulzugangsprüfung (ESiSt)||course at uni-assist is located in Winter semester (SVB) and Summer semester (HZP)|
|Application via E-Mail||yes, if official proof* of indirect HZB is already available||yes, if official proof* of indirect HZB is already available||see below|
|Admission test||yes||no||see below|
Application for the University of Potsdam:
- You can find a non-binding check of your HZB on the uni-assist-website
- apply via uni-assist
- apply by email.
Application to the University of Applied Sciences Brandenburg:
If you want to study a subject at the University of Applied Sciences Brandenburg, apply for Study Preparation Brandenburg viaHeike Wolff (THB)
Application to the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam:
If you want to study a subject at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam, apply for Study Preparation Brandenburg via Lisa Caviglia (FHP)
Application to the Technical University of Applied Science Wildau:
If you want to study one of the economics subjects at TH Wildau, apply for Study Preparation Brandenburg via Claudia Steinborn (THW).
*Options to evaluate your university entrance qualification:
- Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle (the certificate recognition office) of the state of Brandenburg in the scope of the verification of foreign diplomas.
- Senat Berlin
- KMK - Kultusministerkonferenz
- uni-assist - Studiengang: Bewertung der Hochschulzugangsberechtigung (HZB)
Admission test in Potsdam
Before being admitted to the SVB course, all applicants must pass a German language entrance test. Depending on the desired course of study, a mathematics entrance test may also have to be taken.
The entrance test takes place every year in Potsdam in mid-September.
Information on the German test and preparatory training can be found here.
Information on the mathematics test and preparatory sample exercises can be found here.
Admission test in South America
Since April 2023, there is a cooperation between the University of Potsdam and the Goethe-Instituts in South America. Applicants for the Studienvorbereitung Brandenburg (SVB, for the universities Universität Potsdam, FH Potsdam, TH Brandenburg) thus have the opportunity to take the SVB entrance test at a Goethe-Institut in South America. The application for the SVB then includes the result(s) of the entrance test in addition to the school/college certificates, proof of language proficiency (min. B2) and the desired course of study.
- You do not have to travel to Potsdam just for the entrance test.
- You will be admitted to the SVB course earlier.
- You have more time to apply for your visa.
- You can already submit an admission to the SRP course when you apply for your visa.
- You have more time to look for a flat.
Another advantage is the preparatory courses offered at individual Goethe-Instituts - they prepare you specifically for the entrance test.
For more information, contact the Goethe-Institut near you or use the SVB application contact.
Recognition of entrance tests
If you meet all the requirements for the SVB, you will receive an invitation to take an entrance test. This entrance test takes place in Potsdam.
However, since May 2023 there is an alternative. If you have already taken a comparable entrance test for a Studienkolleg (in Germany or abroad - German schools and/or Goethe-Instituts abroad occasionally offer this), this test result can be submitted and recognised.
- You don't have to travel to Potsdam just for the entrance test.
- You will be enrolled to the SVB course earlier.
- You have more time to apply for your visa.
- You can already submit your enrolment to the SVB course when you apply for your visa.
- You have more time when looking for a flat.
You upload the result(s) of the Studienkolleg entrance test together with your school/college certificates, proof of language proficiency (B2) and your desired course of study to uni-assist.
The SVB Course is free of charge.
The university entrance examination is also free of charge.
The semester fees total € 316.00.