DSH Courses + - Set-up and Objectives
- a course in the scope of the ESiSt network - Successful start in university studies for international students in the state of Brandenburg
- for prospective students of the University of Potsdam, University of Applied Sciences Potsdam and the University of Applied Sciences Brandenburg
- financed by the state of Brandenburg
Aims of DSH courses+:
- preparation for the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH - German Language Exam for University Admission)
- beginning studies after passing the DSH
- general and intercultural preparation for starting your studies
Classes to develop German language fluency:
- of listening skills, incl. authentic presentations and lectures with preparation and follow-up: "Living and Studying in Germany",
- reading comprehension,
- ability to produce texts,
- ability to understand and make use of scientific/academic language structures, and
- oral communication skills.
Classes in general study preparation:
- Exercises for German pronunciation - a contribution to oral competence in university studies
- preparing, following up on, and taking notes at lectures - Living and Studying in Germany
- Working with a PC/with MS Office
- “Practical language exercises for German as a foreign language” tutorial
- “Intercultural support - excursions” tutorial
- Individual learning facilitation with self-study
Classes to prepare for academic studies in Economics and Business and the STEM subject group:
- German for mathematics
- Exercises on the basics of mathematics
The course fees for the DSH Course+ are € 400.
The examination fee for all participants taking part in the examination is € 160.
The semester fees are € 316.00.