Since the summer semester 2019, the Chair of Inequality Research and Social Stratification Analysis offers various courses in the modules "Social Structure of Modern Societies", "Social Differentiation, Social Inequality, and Integration" and "Project Seminar" in the master's program. Current courses in the master's program can be found here - former courses here.
In the following you will find information regarding said modules and everything you need to know about writing a master's thesis at the Chair of Inequality Research and Social Stratification Analysis.
The Chair for Inequality Research and Social Stratification Analysis offers courses in the following master's modules:
- Module MWMSOZ61: Social Structures of Modern Societies
- Module MWMSOZ62: Social Differentiation, Social Inequality, and Integration
- Module MWMSOZ42: Institutions, Knowledge, and Social Change
- Module MWMSOZ60: Social Differentiation, Inequality, Migration
- Module MWMSOZ70: Specialization module
- Module MWMSOZ40: Gender, Work, Knowledge
- Module MPMSOZ30/35: Project Seminar
At the end of your master's program you are expected to deliver a final project.
Keep in mind that the topic for your master's thesis at the Chair of Inequality Research and Social Stratification Analysis should be relevant to the field of sociology. We furthermore advise you to choose a topic you are interested in.
Please contact the Chair's secretariat (Annett Wadewitz ► sozialstrukturuuni-potsdampde) to make an appointment for a first meeting.