Completed Research Projects
- 2013-2015: “The Transition of Global Order: Contestation and Legitimacy” (with Maximilian Terhalle, funded by The Thyssen Foundation).
- 2012-2013: “REDD+ Governance” (with Markus Lederer, funded by the German Agency for International Development/ International Forestry Program).
- 2010-2011: ”Children in a Changing Climate” (with Benjamin Stachursky, funded by Plan International, Germany).
- 2005-2010: “Emerging Modes of Governance and Climate Protection in Newly Industrializing Countries – Brazil, China, and India”. Research project within the Research Cluster (SFB 700) „Governance in Areas of Limited Statehood” (with Markus Lederer, funded by the DFG).
- 2003-2005: “Monitoring the Impacts of Decentralization and Urban Development Programs and Projects on Poverty and Democratization”. Research project (with case studies on Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Mali, and South Africa) (with Markus Lederer, Philipp Krause, Heike Scherff, funded by the German Agency for Technical Cooperation (GTZ), Bonn/Eschborn).
- 2001-2004: “Multilateral Development and Domestic Policies: Public Sector Modernization in Latin America and the Caribbean. Lessons from a Decade of World Bank Assistance in the 1990s”, in cooperation with the World Bank, Washington, D.C., Latin America and the Caribbean Region/ Public Sector (with Philipp Krause).