Gloria Cecchini received both her bachelor and master’s degrees in Mathematics at University of Firenze. Both theses focus on probability theory, and were completed under the supervision of Prof. Alberto Gandolfi. Her BSc thesis was a study of a scale-free stochastic model for epidemics, and her MSc thesis was entitled “mathematical analysis of a stochastic dielectric breakdown model for the phenomenological description of a lightning step leader discharge”. This research was on physical phenomenon; studied with mathematical tools like theoretical models, advanced probability, large deviation theory, Brownian motions and computer simulations. In October 2015 she started her PhD research at Aberdeen University on “inferring the high dimension network structure in a multitude of coupled oscillators“, under the supervision of Prof. Björn Schelter. She successfully completed her PhD in December 2018.
Gloria Cecchini, Marco Thiel, Björn Schelter, Linda Sommerlade “Improving network inference: The impact of false positive and false negative conclusions about the presence or absence of links” Journal of Neuroscience Methods 307, 31–36 (2018) LINK
Gloria Cecchini and Björn Schelter “Analytical approach to network inference: Investigating degree distribution” Phys. Rev. E 98, 022311 (2018) LINK
- Dynamic Days Europe, Loughborough, UK, September 2018. Minisymposium Talk.
- ICCS (International Conference on Complex Systems), Cambridge, MA, USA, July 2018. Talk.
- Workshop on Long-range Interactions and Synchronization, São Paulo, Brazil, May 2018. Talk.
- AMCOS (Analysis and Modelling of Complex Oscillatory Systems), Barcelona, Spain, March 2018. Poster.
- Toolbox Laboratory, Brijuni, Croatia, October 2017. Talk.
- SIAM Conference on Applications of Dynamical Systems, Snowbird, Utah, USA, May 2017. Poster.
- St Vincent’s Hospital, University of Melbourne, Australia. Seminar.
- II COSMOS Workshop, Amsterdam, Netherlands, December 2016. Talk.
- Bernstein Conference 2016, Berlin, Germany, September 2016. Poster.
- II COSMOS School, Aberdeen, UK, June/July 2016. Talk.
- Dynamic Days, Corfu, Greece, June 2016. Talk.
- SUPA Annual Gathering, Finalist of the SUPA Poster Prize Competition of Scottish Universities, Glasgow, UK, May 2016. Poster.
- ESGCO (International conference on biological oscillations), Lancaster, UK, April 2016. Poster.