Skip to main content

Important Documents

pile of papers
Photo: © wragg

You will need the following documents in Germany:

  • Valid passports or personal identification for you and accompanying family members
  • Visa if required
  • Certified copies of your educational qualifications translated into German or English: School-leaving certificate or high school diploma (for work contracts and enrollment at the University of Potsdam), university diplomas (BA and MA), doctoral diploma if applicable
  • Letter of invitation from your institute / supervisor
  • Several biometric passport photos
  • Curriculum vitae in tabular form
  • Documentation of funding (scholarship letter), if applicable
  • If applicable: Certified copy of your marriage certificate, translated into German
  • If applicable: Certified copies of your children's birth certificates, translated into German

For longer stays, please bring the following documents as well:

  • Vaccination record, especially for children who shall visit a German daycare, kindergarten or school
  • Declaration regarding required medications, if applicable
  • Disabled person's pass, if applicable
  • International driver's license, if applicable