In university administration, processes are traditionally paper based, i.e. forms are filled in manually, signed, stamped, sent by post and retyped. These processes are often complex, time-consuming and characterised by a variety of administrative regulations. In cooperation with the Division of Finance and Procurement (D4), a system for administrative processes was developed on the base of a workflow engine, which supports and controls the internal approval of the procurement process. In a further development stage, the notification of third-party funds was implemented in cooperation with the Division of Planning, Statistics, Research Affairs (D1).
The project was realized with the participation of students from the Institute for Computer Science.
- User-friendly access via web browser
- Overview of all running processes
- Clearly structured workflows
- Assistance in filling out the forms by using templates and automatic completion of known or calculable fields
- Verification of the input fields