You are using an old browser with security vulnerabilities and can not use the features of this website.
If you are interested in doing your Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. thesis with us, get in contact with Dr. Kathrin Egberts or drop by in our offices 2.131 and 2.134 in building 28. Research areas for theses are:
* Master of Science Physics, module 941* * Master of Science Astrophysics, module PHY-941 *
* Master of Science Physics, module 942 * * Master of Science Astrophysics, module PHY-942 *
Summer term 2018:
Experimental Astroparticle Physics: Research seminar - Master students, Doctoral students and PostDocs present and critically discuss their own and external work and recent research in experimental astroparticle physics.
* Master of Physics modules 731, 732, 941 * * Master of Astrophysics module PHY-941 *
Summer term 2018:
Astroparticle Physics: This course gives an introduction into astroparticle physics. It covers the physics of cosmic rays, their production, propagation, and interactions, and discusses their potential sources like supernova remnants and active galactic nuclei as well as secondary messengers like gamma-rays. It combines in a 6-CP unit a coverage of the theoretical perspective with an introduction into experimental methods, and it comprises lectures, exercises in class, and a short seminar presentation of each student on a subject to be chosen at the beginning of the term.
* Master of Science Physics, modules 731, 732 * * Master of Science Astrophysics, module PHY-765 *
Experimental Physics -> Atoms-Nuclei-Elementary particles:
Physics of atoms: quantum numbers, optical transitions (also fine structure, Zeemann), X-rays, influence of atomic nuclei, forces between atoms, quantum matter Nuclear physics: structure of nuclei, stability criteria, radioactivity Elementary particles: classification of elementary particles, internal structure of nucleons, symmetries, invariances and conservation laws
* Bachelor of Physics, modules 401, PHY-301 * * Bachelor lectureship of Physics, modules PHY-401 LAS, A401 *