Teaching Projects at the Chair "Present-Day English Language and Linguistics"
We are committed to helping our students acquire the skills and competencies they need in their future careers.
To further this goal, we have recently started a range of teaching projects in various study programs and study phases:
- KomPeLing in the Master “Linguistics: Communication – Variation – Multilingualism”
- LiLA in collaboration with the chairs "Teaching English as a foreign Language" (secondary schools and primary schools) in the trainee teacher program.
- KEnDiLi in collaboration with the chair "Teaching English as a foreign Language" (secondary schools) in the trainee teacher program Master Lehramt Englisch
- ILSE ('Innovative Lehre in der Studieneingangsphase englische Linguistik): We are testing the inverted classroom method in our introductory linguistics courses to gain time for individual and needs-oriented feedback. More information can be found here.
- StEP ('Studieneingangsphase Englisch'): We are trying to align courses providing our students with basic academic and writing skills in order to help them write better papers. For more information, please contact Prof. Barth-Weingarten.
- In our monthly "Teaching tips and tricks" (TTT) session, we are exchanging ideas about, and experiences with, teaching courses at a uni. You are welcome to join us. Please contact Prof. Barth-Weingarten about the next sessions.