Teaching Projects at the Chair "Present-Day English Language and Linguistics"
We are committed to helping our students acquire the skills and competencies they need in their future careers.
To further this goal, we have recently started a range of teaching projects in various study programs and study phases:
- LingPro (Linguistics for professional purposes: applying academic contents in a task-based approach): This project comprises the design and implementation of online transfer tasks for the course ‘Introduction to Linguistics I’. The tasks draw on naturalistic data and are specifically tailored to students’ future professional areas. Click here to find out more.
- KomPeLing in the Master “Linguistics: Communication – Variation – Multilingualism”
- LiLA in collaboration with the chairs "Teaching English as a foreign Language" in the trainee teacher program.
- KEnDiLi in collaboration with the chair "Teaching English as a foreign Language" (secondary schools) in the trainee teacher program Master Lehramt Englisch
- ILSE ('Innovative Lehre in der Studieneingangsphase englische Linguistik): We are testing the inverted classroom method in our introductory linguistics courses to gain time for individual and needs-oriented feedback. More information can be found here.