The quality management system of the University of Potsdam gives extensive autonomy to the faculties with respect to developing and implementing quality-assuring measures. The Center for Teaching Quality Development (ZfQ) supports the faculties in both preparing and implementing quality measures. The University defined five key fields of activity that have been anchored in the University Development Plan 2014 - 2018:
- Development of research-based teaching and professionalization of teaching
- Realizing the right to structured studies with suitable curricula
- Skills orientation in teaching and studying
- Use of procedures and quality assurance tools adequate for science
- Continuous development of quality awareness and consolidating a dialogue-driven culture of quality.
All processes related to implementing the fields of activity are controlled by using the PDCA cycle. Measures that are taken in the fields of activity are documented and published annually in a Faculty report. For an overview of current measures and projects, please click here.