Applications are invited from graduates with a keen interest in:
- the global genealogies and dimensions of modernity in the English-speaking world;
- the role of literatures, cultural practices and discourses in the shaping and critical reflection of modern phenomena;
- the plurality of ways of being modern in the postcolonial present.
The application deadline for winter semesters (commencing in October) is 1 June, for summer semesters (commencing in April) it is 1 December. More information about the application process, including all necessary documents, can be found here. Applications for the MA Anglophone Modernities are made via Potsdam University's application portal Uni-Assist.
Admission requirements are:
- a BA degree or equivalent from a German or international university in a discipline relevant to the MA programme Anglophone Modernities in Literature and Culture;
- at least 40 credit points in the subjects of literary studies and/or cultural studies;
- English language skills that correspond at least to the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages; proficiency in English can also be documented by a degree in an Anglophone BA programme.
Your applications must include:
- your BA certificate (if already available) and a transcript of records;
- a letter of motivation in English, in which you explain why you are interested in this particular degree;
- a CV. If you a) won awards for your academic work; b) spent substantial time studying or researching abroad; c) acquired substantial professional experience; d) can document specific forms of social engagement or activism; please detail this information in your CV.
- If your BA was not taught in English, we ask you to also submit a TOEFL or similar language proficiency test. Proficiency of German is not required by the programme.
Further information on the degree and on how to apply can be found here.
The application is online-only via Uni-Assist. There is no need to send hard copies to the department.
Admission is competitive; usually, we are able to send out letters of acceptance or rejection around 4 weeks after the application deadlines (it takes uni assist some time to process all applications and forward them to us).
The full programme-specific admission requirements can be found here.