Applications are invited from graduates with a keen interest in:
- the global genealogies and dimensions of modernity in the English-speaking world;
- the role of literatures, cultural practices and discourses in the shaping and critical reflection of modern phenomena;
- the plurality of ways of being modern in the postcolonial present.
Admission requirements are
- a BA degree or equivalent from a German or international university in a discipline relevant to the MA programme Anglophone Modernities in Literature and Culture;
- at least 40 credit points in the subjects of literary and cultural studies;
- English language skills that correspond at least to the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages; proficiency in English can also be documented by a degree in an Anglophone BA programme.
All applications must be submitted via the uni-assist e.V. application portal. This online portal opens on April 1 for applications for the winter semester, and on November 1 for the summer semester.
Your application materials will be reviewed preliminarily by uni-assist e.V. and then forwarded for the next stages – the application review and the admissions processes – to the Anglophone Modernities Examining Board at the University of Potsdam.
The Examining Board meets at regular intervals and will send out notifications no later than three weeks after applications are forwarded to us by uni-assist. Prospective international students are encouraged to submit their applications well before the application deadline to allow enough time for visa applications and travel arrangements.
Admissions cannot be deferred to later semesters. Students wishing to commence their studies at a later date than initially applied for must re-apply through uni-assist.
Further information on the degree and on how to apply can be found here.
Important information for students who are applying based on a university degree received from a university accredited in India:
Starting with applications for the winter term 2023/24, the Central Office of Foreign Education requires you to submit an APS certificate with your application documents to uni-assist.
Please see here for general information: https://www.uni-assist.de/en/tools/glossary-of-terms/description/term/akademische-pruefstelle-aps/
And here for applicants from India: https://aps-india.de/
Please contact masterbewerbunguuni-potsdampde if your application has been rejected on these grounds and you have good reason to object.
In case of acceptance into the program: enrolment and organizing your stay in Germany
If you have successfully applied via uni-assist and have received a note of admission to our program, as well as a confirmation of timely acceptance, you need to enrol on the university’s enrolment portal. This process requires a number of documents and certificates, so you should not leave it to the last minute. Please see here for more information; https://www.uni-potsdam.de/en/studium/application-enrollment/enrollment-master/master
Note: you do not need to have a visa yet in order to enrol.
For more detailed information on getting support for visa issues and housing, please visit the International Office website: https://www.uni-potsdam.de/en/international/contact/io