After Brexit the following British universities have extended their partnership with our Institute until the end of the academic year 2022/2023:
Please note that our agreement with our partner universities in Great Britain concerns only courses in the bachelor programmes. Moreover, the available bachelor courses are as a rule limited to certain subject areas. Exceptions lie entirely within the province of the guest university. The application procedure will be the same as for the Erasmus+ programme, see below.
Erasmus+ is an academic mobility programme sponsored by the European Union, which among other activities promotes student exchanges. It enables students to complete a part of their studies at a university located in other European countries without paying tuition. The programme allows for the credits earned at the guest university to be recognized by the home university.
Our current Erasmus+ partner universities are
The contact person is Dr. Stephan Mussil (exchange coordinator).
1. Applicants choose the suitable Erasmus partner university according to their interest and study plans. They inform themselves about the profiles and special fields of interest at the partner universities.
2. The application is digital. Here is the link: https://potsdam.moveon4.de/form/53cfa828140ba01f02000000/deu
3. Submission of the application by January 31.
4. A commission consisting of student representatives (FSR) and the exchange coordinator will decide on the applications if their number exceeds the available places.
5. Applicants submit the declaration of acceptance to the exchange coordinator
6. and the learning agreement to the International Office.
The learning agreement includes courses at the guest university. In the event that no course schedule is available online, the schedule from the previous semester or trimester may be used. As a rule, applicants should obtain 30 ECTS credit points per semester. Please note that when you intend to take courses from other departments, your learning agreement needs to be approved by all the boards of examiners involved. It is, for instance, not sufficient to have the approval of the board of the Romance Department for courses to be validated at the Department of English and American Studies and vice versa.
If you plan to take courses in linguistics please consult Prof. Ilse Wischer in advance; for courses in Teaching English as a Foreign Language turn to Ms Susanne Gnädig, M.Ed.
7. The International Office nominates the applicants at their guest universities.
8. The guest universities contact the applicants and send them documents about course listings, room and board, the beginning of study, etc. From this point on the guest university assumes responsibility.
In a language tandem, two students study together in a partnership: one student’s native language is the other student’s foreign language. Interested? Click on the link.
Language Learning Counseling
at Zessko is a form of learning that is independent from a course. Learners work on individual learning projects in a flexible way and can draw on support from professional learning consultants. Find out more…
University of Delhi