7th PhD Workshop in Empirical Economics
- Date: September 9-10, 2021
- Location: Online
- Organizer: Marco Caliendo, Shushanik Margaryan, Thomas Siedler, Joschka Wanner (University of Potsdam)
- Keynote Speaker: Imran Rasul (UCL)
- Scientific Committee: Barbara Boggiano (University of Potsdam), Marco Caliendo (UP), Peter Haan (DIW), Katrin Huber (UP), Shushanik Margaryan (UP), Thomas Siedler (UP), Christian Traxler (Hertie School), Joschka Wanner (UP), Katharina Wrohlich (DIW and UP)
- Submission Deadline: May 31, 2021
- Download: Call for Papers [PDF]
About the Workshop
We are pleased to announce the 7th Potsdam PhD Workshop in Empirical Economics. The aim of the workshop is to give talented young researchers the opportunity to present and discuss their research and to study new developments in empirical economics.
Lecturer and Topic
In his keynote, Imran Rasul will talk about “Field Experiments in Labour and Public Economics”. Rasul is Professor of Economics at University College London (UCL). His research interests include labor, development, and public economics and his work has been published in leading journals such as the Journal of Political Economy, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Econometrica, and the Review of Economic Studies.
The 7th Potsdam PhD Workshop in Empirical Economics is open to 12–15 doctoral students and and postdoctorates who completed their dissertations no more than two years ago. Participants will be given the opportunity to present and discuss their own research and each paper will have an assigned discussant. We encourage all young researchers interested in empirical economics to apply.
Please submit your CV and a paper (or an extended abstract) by May 31, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no workshop fees.