You are using an old browser with security vulnerabilities and can not use the features of this website.
(1) For each course of study, the relevant Faculty Council shall establish an Examining Board comprised of representatives from the group of university instructors for the subject, one research associate, and one student. The group of university instructors must hold the majority of the seats. In objectively substantiated cases, an interdisciplinary Examining Board can be appointed within a Faculty.
(2) The term of office on the Examining Board is two years; the term of office for the student member is one year. Re-election is possible. The Board members continue to serve on the Board after the expiration of their term of office until their successor has assumed their position. The Faculty Council can appoint a new Examining Board with the majority of its members before the expiration of the term of office.
(3) The Examining Board elects a chairperson and a deputy chairperson from the university instructors that belong to its disciplinary purview. Decisions are made with a simply majority. In the event of a tie, the chairperson casts the deciding vote. The Board has a quorum of more than half of its members, with the chairperson and/or deputy chairperson. Meeting minutes must be kept for Board meetings. The Examining Board can adopt its own rules of procedure.
(4) The Examining Board ensures that the provisions of these regulations and those of the respective subject-specific regulations are met, and also makes proposals for amendments to these regulations if necessary. The Examining Board is in particular responsible for:
1. Decisions regarding proposals by students or teachers regarding the application of these regulations or those of the relevant course of study,
2. The allocation of courses to a module, and the distribution of credit points assigned to the module (the basis of evaluation here is the proposal of the respective instructor),
3. Appointment of module representatives,
4. Regular reporting to the Faculty, especially to the Study Commission responsible for the course of study or discipline, about its experience with the application of regulations,
5. Recognition and consideration of achievements in studies, grading and examinations,
6. Decisions about the suitability of a vocational education and vocational experience as an admission requirement for Bachelor’s programs under Article 8 (3) of the Brandenburg Higher Education Act (BbgHG),
7. Decisions regarding the admission of applicants to the respective Master’s program.
(5) The Examining Board can assign responsibilities to the chairperson and a deputy chairperson by means of resolutions. In such cases, the chairperson or deputy chairperson informs the Board immediately of its decision or other measures. Upon an application from an affected person, the Examining Board shall serve as a collegial body in matters assigned under item 1. The application must be submitted immediately upon the announcement of the decision or other measure by the chairperson or deputy chairperson. The right of appeal under Para 6 remains unaffected.
(6) The Examining Board makes decisions regarding appeals against a decision made by the Examining Board. This decision-making authority cannot be delegated to the chairperson or deputy chairperson in accordance with Para 5.
(7) Members of the Examining Board and their deputies are sworn to official secrecy. Insofar as they do not work in public service, they must be bound to confidentiality by the chairperson.
(8) The Examining Board shall appoint a module representative for each module. The module representatives are responsible in particular for:
a) The development of the module in collaboration with other instructors,
b) Coordination of the range of courses,
c) Coordination of extracurricular examinations if several instructors are involved, and
d) The supervision and advising of instructors during ongoing teaching operations.
The subject-specific regulations can assign additional duties to the module representative.
You can find the complete BAMA-O and BAMLA-O here.