Monday, 27.11.2023, 16:00 via Zoom
Weikang Cai (New York Institute of Technology, USA)
"Astrocyte-derived signaling in neurological disorders"
To join, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
After the 45 min Scientific Talk, there is the option for students and postdocs to participate in a roundtable with speakers (science, career options, advice, networking). To join the roundtable, please contact: email@example.com
Upcoming NutriTox seminar talks:
- 27.11.2023 Weikang Cai (New York Institute of Technology, USA): "Astrocyte-derived signaling in neurological disorders"
- 04.12.2023 Jeremy Van Raamsdonk (McGill University Health Centre Research Institute; Canada): "Biological resilience and aging: Role of cellular resilience pathways in lifespan extensio"
- 11.12.2023 Heather Ferris (University of Virginia School of Medicine; USA): "tba"
- 18.12.2023 tba
- 08.01.2024 Min-Chi Ku (Max Delbrück Centrum Berlin): "Metabolic Syndrome and the Heart: A Cardiac MRI Perspective"
- 15.01.2024 Merly Vogt (Helmholtz Munich, Institute for Diabetes and Cancer): "Metabolic programming of the nervous system: conserved signals prime future generations for impaired health outcomes"
- 22.01.2024 Micah Schott (University of Nebraska, USA): "Molecular mechanisms of lipid droplet autophagy in liver disease"
- 29.01.2024 Sharmili Thanarajah (Univerity Hospital Frankfurt, Goethe University): "The effect of highfat/highsugar diet on brain dopaminergic pathways"
- 05.02.2024 Pascal Gottmann (German Institute of Human Nutrition, Potsdam): "A multispecies approach to study islets of Langerhans in T2D at the single cell level"
Previous speakers at the NutriTox Seminar:
- Brian O'Neill (Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, USA): "Discovery of a Novel FoxO Target for Diabetic Muscle Disease"
- Thomas Kietzmann (ECM-Hypoxia research unit, Universität Oulu, Finland): "The hypoxia response: Old features and new aspects"
- Marcelo Mori (UNICAMP - Universidade Estadual de Campinas, São Paulo Brasil): "An Adipocentric Approach to Metabolic Diseases and Aging"
- Claudia Matthäus (Institute of nutrional Science, University of Potsdam): "Caveolae mediated lipid trafficking"
- Jan Riemer (CECAD Research Center, Institute of Biochemistry, Cologne University) "Mitochondrial H2O2: handling and signalling"
- Matthias Laudes (University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein (Campus Kiel), Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetology and Clinical Nutritional Medicine) "Causes and Consequences of Metabolic Inflammation in Humans"
- Jane Reznick (CECAD Research Center, Cologne University) "Metabolic adaptations in the naked mole-rat heart"
- Gunter P. Eckert (Department of Nutrition in Prevention & Therapy, Institute of Nutritional Science, University of Gießen) "Mitochondria - target structures for the prevention of age-related diseases"
- Sander Bekeschus (Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology, Greifswald) "Applied Redox Medicine Using Gas Plasma Technology"
- Mario Ost (Paul Flechsig Institute of Neuropathology University Hospital Leipzig) "Temporal action of polyamines on muscle homeostasis in health & obesity"
- Robert Hauffe (Institute of Nutritional Science, University of Potsdam) "Revisiting the Adipose Tissue Insulin Receptor as a Target to Improve Metabolism in Obesity"
- Alexander Jais (Helmholtz Institute for Metabolic, Obesity and Vascular Research (HI-MAG), Leipzig) "Prepronociceptin-expressing neurons regulate overeating and energy expenditure"
- Maria Fedorova (Technichal University Dresden, ) "Lipidomics technology to uncover biology of lipid metabolism"
- Ivano Amilio (Konstanz University) "GxE interaction: metabolism and epigenetics as basis of p53 tumour suppression"
- Jörg Heeren (Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)) "Brown Adipose Tissue and lipid metabolism"
- Michael Schupp (Charité Berlin, Institute of Pharmacology), "Novel Aspects of Hepatic Retinol Mobilization by RBP4"
- David Ellison (Oregon Health & Science University, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension), "Salt and Hypertension"
- Sophie Layé (NutriNeuro Bordeaux), "Role of nutritional omega3 in neuroinflammation, neuronal plasticity and mood and cognitive disorders"
- Franziska Richter Assencio (University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Foundation), "Novel therapeutics for Synucleinopathies"
- David Hodson, University of Oxford, "Interrogating pancreatic beta cell states from the single cell to the single molecule"
- Mollie K. Meffert (Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine), "Growth Regulatory Gene Programs in Neurodevelopment and Plasticity"
- Cristina García-Cáceres (HMGU Munich), "How does the brain know what you've eaten?"
- Zach Hynes (University of Copenhagen), "Age-associated mitochondrial myopathy drives bioenergetic compensation and glucose re-routing to defend muscle homeostasis"
- Elias Arner (Karolinska Institute Stockholm), "The Thioredoxin System as a regulator of metabolism"
- Maria Ermolaeva (Fritz-Lipmann Institute, Leibniz Institute on Aging, Jena)
- Alexander Tups (School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Otago, New Zealand)
- Gabriele Stangl (Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg)
- Natalia Kononenko (CECAD Research Center, University of Cologne)
- Martin Graef (Max-Planck-Institute Cologne)
- Cecile Vernochet (Gates Foundation, USA)
- Andrea Haase (German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR))
- Florian Fricke (University Hohenheim)
- Anna P. Kipp (Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena)
- Marcus Conrad (Helmholtz Center Munich)
- Thomas Lutz (University of Zurich)