Transitioning from uni into a job: Career orientation for students in the humanities
The university’s “Praxisportal” offers a wide range of materials, workshops and consultations to assist you in your transition from university to the world of work. Among other things, they
- have interviews and information about different fields of employment
- offer support during the application process, including workshops and individual consultations
- help you find an internship position in Germany or abroad, or a job position
The Faculty of Arts also provides helpful information on career orientation for humanities students. So that you can make informed choices about your current situation, needs and goals, you may want to have a look at their brochures (available here and here in German).
If you have general questions regarding career orientation, internships and applications, have a look at the website of the Career Service: https://www.uni-potsdam.de/de/career-service/
With the module combination Studiumplus, you have the unique opportunity to hone your application profile by completing a supplementary certificate:
- Intercultural Competence in Academic and Professional Contexts (Zessko)
- Tutoring and Mentoring (Docendo Discimus) (Zessko)
- Interdisciplinary Gender Studies (Coordination Office for Equal Opportunity)
You can also actively design your studies at the university by developing your very own student project, for which you can earn credit points. The project work might serve as a point of orientation or stepping stone for your professional life. For more information, have a look at past projects on Zessko’s website.
(Please note that most links compiled here will lead you to German versions of the university’s webpages. You can change the language settings at the top of each webpage.)