Kickoff workshop on "Scales, degrees and implicature: Novel synergies between semantics and pragmatics"
This workshop brings together researchers in formal semantics, experimental pragmatics and computational modelling, who work on vagueness, granularity, scales, attenuation and implicature.
Date: 26 - 28 May 2021
Nicole Gotzner, Stavroula Alexandropoulou and Radim Lacina
- How are scalar implicatures computed?
- What is the relation between different types of implicature (scalar, Manner, R-based strengthening)?
- What role does vagueness play in implicature?
- What is the role of degrees in the interpretation of gradable adjectives?
- Is imprecision semantic or pragmatic?
Links for Zoom and Wonder.me
For the main workshop use this Zoom link: Click here for Zoom link
For social events and during breaks use Wonder.me: Click here for Wonder.me link
Pop-Up Mentoring (PUMP)
This workshop will host a Pop-Up Mentoring event as part of the conference program. The deadline for registration is 17 May 2021. Please consider signing up as a mentor or a mentee -- information below! Mentors are especially appreciated: this is a low-commitment and high reward event.
Click here to sign up to be a mentee. Click here to sign up to be a mentor.