Skip to main content
View on Hongkong
Photo: Denisa Latic

Chu Hai College

On this page you will find information concerning the student exchange between UP's Faculty of Arts and Chu Hai College in Hong Kong. 



The medium of instruction at Chu Hai College is English. Therefore, a respective academic command of English is expected.

In order to be acknowledged as fulltime student by the Hong Kong Immigration Department, students are required to take a minimum of 12 credits of Chu Hai courses.  

Application procedure

Please contact Hong Kong Exchange coordinator Denisa Latić. She will guide you through the application process and provide you with the necessary forms.

Your application portfolio includes the following:

  • Application Form of Chu Hai College
  • Learning Agreement with Chu Hai College (entails a course overview of the courses you want to take abroad)
  • Application for Entry for Study in Hong Kong (issued by HK government and available for download here:
  • a copy of your passport
  • 3 passport photographs
  • Financial proof
    • I.e., bank statement of financial sponsor (e.g., parents) along with a copy of their ID and a declaration letter
    • If the above is not applicable, a BAföG-Bescheid is accepted as financial proof as well
  • letter of recommendation from one of your professors/lecturers
  • Transcript of records
  • a short essay detailing your plan of study in Hong Kong


For a stay in the period January-June the deadline is August 15.

For a stay in the period August-January the deadline is February 15.

It normally takes six weeks or longer to process a student visa application. Students are advised to apply well in advance to ensure that their visa is issued before the start of the exchange study. The visa application fee is HK$195 (approx. 20€), which shall be paid to Chu Hai College upon students’ arrival in the College.

Useful links

A course overview of Chu Hai College can be accessed here: