Information about the University of Potsdam’s three campuses, their integration with Potsdam and the region, public transit connections, and dining options at each location.
- Campus Am Neuen Palais: This campus, located adjacent to Sanssouci Park, hosts the Faculty of Arts as well as the university management and the central university administration. You will also find the Center for Languages and Key Competencies (Zessko), the Center for Quality Development in Teaching and Learning (ZfQ), the Center for Information Technology and Media Management (ZIM), the Center for University Sports, and the University Outpatient Clinic.
- Campus Golm: In the middle of the region’s largest science park, you will find the Faculty of Science, the Faculty of Human Sciences, and the Faculty of Health Sciences. The Center for Teacher Training and Educational Research is also located here.
- Campus Griebnitzsee: Not far from the Babelsberg Film Studios, this campus hosts the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, the Law Faculty, and the Digital Engineering Faculty.
- Innovation Hub: Golm is the UP’s own innovation location and is part of the lively science and innovation culture in Berlin-Brandenburg.
- Innovative University Potsdam: This initiative aims to sustainably promote the transfer of knowledge and technology from teaching and research to regional society and business.
- Potsdam Transfer: The UP’s central scientific institution for start-ups, innovation, knowledge and technology transfer offers a holistic approach with its service areas.
- Wissenschaftsetage: The ProWissen association, UP Transfer and the Potsdam Graduate School (PoGS) are located in the Bildungsforum, which is not far from the new state parliament building. PoGS is the competence and consulting center for young and advanced scientists of all faculties and non-university partner institutions of the UP.
- Research infrastructure: The universities of the states of Berlin and Brandenburg, together with over 30 extramural institutions, are addressing current research questions and doing basic research.
- Enterprise: Our group of partners in industry & business strengthen collaboration between regional companies and the UP, and brings students together with companies in the region.
Accessibility: All of our campuses are well-connected with municipal and regional transit services and can also be reached easily by bicycle. The regional trains RB 20, 21 and 22, as well as the RE 1, go straight to Berlin.
Dining Halls & Cafeterias: The Potsdam Association for Student Affairs offers diverse dishes at the dining halls on each campus, with inviting outdoor seating for enjoying the summer weather.
Liveable city: Potsdam is an attractive place to live thanks to its numerous scientific institutions, manageable size and integration in a unique cultural landscape. The direct proximity to Berlin, and the nearby forests and lakes, offer a variety of diversions.
Cultural highlights: At any time of the year, the state capital Potsdam has countless attractions in store. Whether a visit to the museums, participation in running events along historical sites, or a quick detour to one of the many outdoor events - Potsdam always offers a breathtaking atmosphere.