+49 331977 3384
Monday 12-14 (please write me a short e-mail to confirm the appointment)
Olga Abramova has joined the University of Potsdam as a research assistant in 2017. From February 2020, she is as a post-doctoral researcher.
Olga Abramova studied Economics at Higher School of Economics (Russia) from 2007 to 2013 where she gained first research experience at the Laboratory of Investment Analysis (2009-2011). She graduated Master's Program in Economics and Management Science (MEMS) at Humboldt University in 2014. In her Master Thesis, written in cooperation with the Technical University of Darmstadt, she investigated the value of personal information from a user’s perspective when installing third-party applications. As the continuation of successful collaboration, she became a doctoral candidate and a research assistant at the Software Business & Information Management Department at the Technical University of Darmstadt, where she has successfully defended her Ph.D. thesis in January 2020.
Her primary research expertise lies in the investigation of uncertainty on sharing economy platforms. Other research projects include uncovering “the bright and dark sides” of modern ICTs (e.g., the mechanism of addiction and the effects of ICT use on behavioral, psychological and relational outcomes).
Olga Abramova received a scholarship for high academic achievements at Higher School of Economics (2009-2011), Oxford Russia Fund Scholarship (2011-2012), International Academic Mobility Scholarship for postgraduates at Higher School of Economics (2012-2013), Abschlussstipendium from DAAD (April-September 2013) and Research Scholarship for doctoral candidates and young scientists from DAAD (2014/2015, 2015/2016, 2016/2017).
User Behavior in Online Social Networks
- Abramova O. (2020) “Does a Smile Open All Doors? Understanding the Impact of Appearance Disclosure on Accommodation Sharing Platforms”, Fifty-Third Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2020), Hawaii. Best Paper Award Nominee in the Track “CL: Collaboration Systems and Technology”.
- Baum, K, Meißner, S., Abramova, O., Krasnova, H. (2019) “Do they really care about targeted political ads? Investigation of user privacy concerns and preferences”, Twenty-Seventh European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2019), Stockholm, Sweden.
- Weissenfeld, K., Abramova, O., Krasnova, H. (2019). Antecedents for Cyberloafing - a Literature Review. Proceedings of the 14. Internationale Tagung Wirtschaftsinformatik (WI2019), Siegen , Germany
- Wagner, A., Krasnova, H., Abramova, O., Buxmann, P., & Benbasat, I. (2018). From Privacy Calculus to Social Calculus: Understanding Self-Disclosure on Social Networking Sites. 39th International Conference on Information Systems, San Francisco, USA
- Wagner, A., Abramova, O., Krasnova, H., Buxmann, P. (2018) When You Share, You Should Care: Examining the Role of Perspective-Taking on Social Networking Sites, Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS2018), Portsmouth, UK, 2018
- Abramova, O., Baumann, A., Krasnova, H., Lessmann, S. (2017) “To Phub or not to Phub: Understanding Off-Task Smartphone Usage and Its Consequences in the Academic Environment”, European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2017), Guimarães, Portugal.
- Abramova, O., Krasnova, H., Tan, C.-W. (2017) “How Much Will You Pay? Understanding the Value of Information Cues in the Sharing Economy”, European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2017), Guimarães, Portugal.
- Abramova, O., Wagner, A., Krasnova, H., Buxmann, P. (2017) “Understanding Self-Disclosure on Social Networking Sites - A Literature Review”, 22nd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2017), Boston, USA.
- Weissenfeld, K., Abramova, O., Krasnova, H. (2017) „Understanding Storytelling in the Context of Information Systems”, 22nd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2017), Boston, USA.
- Abramova, O., Veltri, N., Krasnova, H., Kiatprasert, S., Buxmann, P. "Physician-Rating Platforms: How Does Your Doctor Feel?, Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2016), San Diego, USA.
- Krasnova H., Abramova O., Baumann A., Notter I., Buxmann P. (2016) "Why Phubbing is toxic for your Relationship: Understanding the Role of Smartphone Jealousy among 'Generation Y' users" European Conference on Information Systems, June 12-15, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
- Abramova, O., Krasnova, H., Shavanova, T., Fuhrer, A., Buxmann, P. (2016) Impression Management in the Sharing Economy : Understanding the Effect of Response Strategy to Negative Reviews in: Die Unternehmung, DU, Jahrgang 70 (2016), pp. 58 - 73
- Abramova, O., Baumann, A., Krasnova, H., Buxmann, P. (2016). "Gender Differences in Online Dating: What Do We Know So Far? A Systematic Literature Review", System Sciences (HICSS), 2016 49th Hawaii International Conference on. IEEE, 2016.
- Abramova, O., Shavanova, T., Fuhrer, A., Krasnova, H., Buxmann, P., (2015) "Understanding the Sharing Economy: The Role of Response to Negative Reviews in the Peer-to-peer Accommodation Sharing Network", European Conference on Information Systems, May 26-29, 2015, Münster , Germany
- Krasnova H., Eling N., Abramova O., Buxmann P. (2014) "Dangers of 'Facebook Login' for Mobile Apps: Is There a Price Tag for Social Information?", International Conference on Information Systems, 14.12.2014-17.12.2014, Auckland, New Zealand.
Service for the Research Community
- International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS)
- European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS)
- Business & Information Systems Engineering (BISE)
- Multikonferenz Wirtschaftsinformatik (MKWI)
- Wirtschaftsinformatik (WI)
- Internet Research (IR)
- Cyberpsychology: Journal of Psychosocial Research on Cyberspace
- Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS)
- ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
- Computers in Human Behavior