Consulting hours by appointment
Cora graduated with a Master’s degree in Psychology at the Universität Trier in 2017. During her studies she was part of a research group that investigated the interception of infants and its interaction with emotional processes. Her Bachelor’s degree was attained at the Universität Bremen. In the course of her undergraduate studies, Cora spent one semester at the Université Paris 8 in Paris specializing in communication psychology as well as in clinical psychology. In the context of her Psychology studies, Cora was working as a test supervisor for the German Ministry of Education and Culture. During her employment as a tutor and different internships in psychiatric clinics and a media training agency, Cora experienced the psychological consequences of an increasing digitalization on our society. Those impressions confirmed her resolution to get involved in research on Digital Technologies and Social Media.
In 2015, Cora successfully completed a one-year training as an advisor for refugees in Germany provided by the Refugee Law Clinic Trier. She voluntarily offered counseling concerning the German law on asylum, aliens and residence and became fully aware of the significant role Social Networking plays for refugees. Those experiences motivate Cora to investigate Digital Integration for the “Weizenbaum-Institut für die vernetzte Gesellschaft”.
- Digital Integration
- Digital Technologies and Well-Being
- Social Media Addiction
- Bergert, C., Köster, A., Krasnova, H., Turel, O. (2020) Missing Out on Life: Parental Perceptions of Children’s Mobile Technology Use, Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Wirtschaftsinformatik, March 08-11, 2020, Potsdam, Germany.
- AbuJarour, S., Bergert, C., Gundlach, J., Köster, A., Krasnova, H. (2019) "Your Home Screen is Worth a Thousand Words”: Investigating the Prevalence of Smartphone Apps among Refugees in Germany", 25th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Cancun, 2019.
- Schaan, L., Schulz, A., Nuraydin, S., Bergert, C., Hilger, A., Rach, H., & Hechler, T. (2019). Interoceptive accuracy, emotion recognition, and emotion regulation in preschool children. International Journal of Psychophysiology.
- Köster, A., Bergert, C; Gundlach, J. (2018) Information as a Life Vest: Understanding the Role of Social Networking Sites for the Social Inclusion of Syrian Refugees, Proceedings of the 39th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2018), San Francisco, USA.
- Gladkaya, M., Gundlach, J., Bergert, C., Baumann, A., Krasnova, H. (2018) We Need to Talk! Antecedents and Consequences of Children's Smartphone Use - A Literature Review, Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2018), New Orleans, LA, August 16-18, 2018
Presentations and Transfers
- Bergert, C. (Vortrag) „Unsere Kinder und das Smartphone”, Parlamentarischer Abend, John-Lennon-Gymnasium, Berlin, 13.11.2019.
- Ullrich, S. & Bergert, C. (Workshop) „Digitales Flugblatt”, John-Lennon-Gymnasium, Berlin, 04.11.2019.
- Bergert, C. (Workshop) „Wie funktioniert mein Smartphone?“, KinderUni, Kreativitäts Schulzentrum Berlin gGmbH, Berlin, 31.01.2019.