Citizens from the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland
You do not need a visa to enter Germany or a residence permit for your stay in Germany.
Citizens from Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea, USA, Andorra, Brasil, El Salvador, Honduras, Monaco and San Marino
- You do not need a visa to enter Germany.
- If you plan to stay longer than three months in Germany, however, you will need a residence permit. You can only apply for a residence permit from within Germany.
- For stays of up to a maximum of one year, it is possible to apply in advance for a national visa for the entire stay; consult with the German embassy in your home country. If you receive a visa under this procedure, you will not have to apply for a residence permit in Germany.
Citizens from all other Countries
- You will need a visa to enter Germany.
- For your participation in our Summer Course you can apply for the Schengen-Visa (C-Visa). This is valid for stays of up to three months and can not be extended.
- If you plan to stay longer than three months in Germany, you will need a national visa (D visa).