The Machine Learning Research Group of the University of Potsdam, Department of Computer Science is seeking two doctoral (75%, TVL-E 13) and two postdoctoral researchers (100%, TVL-E 13) to work within the interdisciplinary Junior Research Group A.Eye. – Artificial Intelligence for Eye tracking data. Deep Learning methods for the automated analysis of cognitive processes. All positions start on June 1, 2020 and are limited to four years.
This research project aims to develop machine learning methods for the analysis of eye tracking data to make inferences about cognitive processes or mental states of an individual. The developed models shall take into account findings from cognitive psychology and psycholinguistics about human eye movement behavior. The project will focus on four application areas: diagnosis of developmental language impairments, adaptive e-learning, driver monitoring and biometrics. The research group feels committed to open science.
We are looking for a motivated personality who would like to contribute to the success of this research project with great initiative, commitment and teamwork.
• Developing and publishing machine learning methods (deep learning) for one or multiple of the above mentioned application areas.
• Designing and conducting eye tracking experiments.
• Independent work in a highly motivated team
• Opportunity for scientific training and participation in national and international conferences and work-shops
• Support for further academic qualification
• University degree (MSc level for PhD positions, PhD for postdoc positions) in Computer Science, (Computational) Cognitive Science, Computational linguistics or a related field.
• Very good programming skills (preferably Python)
• Very good knowledge in machine learning
• Very good knowledge of mathematical foundations (linear algebra, calculus, probability theory)
• Very good knowledge of English
For more information, please contact Dr. Lena Jäger, University of Potsdam, Department for Computer Science (lena.jaegeruni-potsdamde). Women and disabled persons with equal qualifications are given priority. Applications (motivation, curriculum vitae and certificates of relevant qualifications) should be sent to lena.jaegeruni-potsdamde as soon as possible, but no later than May 15, 2020.