You are using an old browser with security vulnerabilities and can not use the features of this website.
The general prerequisite for enrolling in the master’s program is a first academic degree i.e., a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in a subject essential for the degree program in experimental cognitive sciences (theoretical linguistics, cognitive psychology), or an academic degree in speech and language treatment, or an experimental degree program closely related to the field, with at least 180 CP of coursework.
If your first language is not English you must demonstrate English language skills at least C1 level (CEFR, Common European Framework of Reference) evidenced by:
- UNcert-III, TOEFL (iBT: at least 95 points), Cambridge certificate of Advanced English (at least a grade of B), IELTS (at least 6.5 points and at least 6.0 in each field), Certificate of a degree from an English-language degree program.
- Acquisition of university entrance qualifications at a school in which more than 50% of coursework was completed in English, a completed university degree in English / American Studies, an English-language teaching certificate, the completion of a university degree in which more than 50% of coursework was conducted in English, or comparable proof. In this case, applicants need to attach an official statement (signed by an official of the college or university, e.g. the dean's or registrar's office) indicating that English was the language of instruction in the programme of study.
You will find more details in the Englisch versions of the:
- IECL specific admission regulations for the IECL master´s program here
- General admission regulations for study and examinations at the University of Potsdam here
in the German versions of the:
- IECL specific admission regulations for the IECL master´s program here.
- General regulations for study and examinations at the University of Potsdam here
Students or graduates of the IECL master’s program, or a comparable master’s program, can apply for admission to the doctoral program. The Examining Board makes decisions about the comparability of master’s qualifications.
You will find more details in the
- general regulations for the admission to a PhD program at the University of Potsdam here
- specific regulations for the admission to the IECL PhD program here.