Hannes-Vincent Krause, M.Sc.
Hannes-Vincent Krause finished his Bachelor’s degree in Psychology at the University of Hamburg in 2014. Afterwards he started his master’s studies in Psychology at the Humboldt Universität zu Berlin where he wrote his master thesis in cooperation with the Institute of Sexology and Sexual Medicine at the Charité Berlin. In his thesis, he validated a questionnaire about Sexual Experiences and Behavior. He finished his master’s studies in 2017.
His ongoing interest on social media use and seeing the emerging need to understand it’s impact on human behavior, thoughts and finally mental wellbeing allowed him to join the team of Prof. Hanna Krasnova at the chair for Business Informatics, esp. Social Media and Data science in 2018.
Hannes-Vincent Krause specializes in Digital Technologies and Wellbeing within his research for the “Weizenbaum-Institut für die vernetzte Gesellschaft”.
- Digital Technologies and their influence on wellbeing
- Krause, H.-V., Baum, K., Baumann, A., Krasnova, H. (2019) “Unifying the Detrimental and Beneficial Effects of Social Network Site Use on Self-Esteem: A Systematic Literature Review”, Media Psychology, DOI: 10.1080/15213269.2019.1656646
- Krause, H.-V., F. große Deters and A. Baumann (2020). “The Envy Spiral: Unraveling The Black Box Of Social Media Positivity.” In: Proceedings of the 28th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS2020). A Virtual AIS Conference.
- Krause, H.-V., Wagner, A., Krasnova, H., große Deters, F., Baumann, A., Buxmann, P. (2019, December). Keeping Up with the Joneses: Instagram Use and its Influence on Conspicuous Consumption. Fortieth International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Munich, Germany.
Presentations and Transfer
- Krause, H.-V. (Vortrag): “Der Eros im Endgerät: Wandel der Liebe durch Online-Dating”, Tagung: Das “humanum” im Zeitalter der Digitalisierung, Tutzing, Deutschland, 14.09.2019.