You are using an old browser with security vulnerabilities and can not use the features of this website.
The general prerequisites for enrolling in the master’s program according to the IECL specific admission regulations (see below) are:
(1) a first academic degree i.e., a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in a subject essential for the degree program in experimental cognitive sciences , or an academic degree in speech and language treatment, or an experimental degree program closely related to the field, with at least 180 CP of coursework.
(2) knowledge of experimental-empirical competences evidenced by at least:
(a) 6 credit points in statistics and / or quantitative research methods
(b) 12 credit points in the field of experimental cognitive science (psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics,
cognitive psychology, neuropsychology, developmental psychology, biopsychology).
(3) English language skills (if it is not your first language) at least at C1 level (CEFR, Common European Framework of Reference) evidenced by:
(a) UNcert-III, TOEFL (iBT: at least 95 points),Cambridge certificate of Advanced English (at least a grade of B),
IELTS Academic (at least 6.5 points and at least 6.0 in each field), Certificate of a degree from an English-
language degree program.
(b) Acquisition of university entrance qualifications at a school in which more than 50% of the coursework
was completed in English, a completed university degree in English / American Studies, an English-
language teaching certificate, the completion of a university degree in which more than 50% of coursework
was conducted in English, or comparable proof. In this case, applicants need to attach an official
statement (signed by an official of the college or university, e.g. the dean's or registrar's office) indicating
that English was the language of instruction in the program of study.
(4) a proof of German language proficiency equivalent to at least level A2 GER (CEFR, Common European Framework of Reference)
1) STUDY REGULATIONS IECL
IECL 2019 (German): here
Module description (German, search: International Experimental and Clinical Linguistics): here
nonbinding English translation: here
old IECL 2016 (German): here
nonbinding English translation: here
2) ADMISSION REGULATIONS IECL
3) GENERAL REGULATIONS of the UNIVERSITY OF POTSDAM
Students or graduates of the Master's programme IECL or a comparable Master's program may apply for admission to the doctoral program. The examination board decides on the comparability of the content of the Master's qualification (Master's degree). The general prerequisites for enrolling in the doctoral program according to the regulations from 2019 (not yet online) are a successful completion of a Master's program and a pronounced research orientation of the applicant, recognizable from the required project outline (see below).
The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
(1) Certificate of completion or overview of all achievements to date during the Bachelor's and Master's programs
(2) Copy of the Master's thesis (or publications corresponding to the Master's thesis)
(3) Two letters of recommendation from a University professor and/or a University professor.
(3) Project outline (5 pages) for a doctoral thesis/thesis that has been prepared in consultation with at least one person entitled to supervise doctoral studies
(4) Promise of supervision by the principal supervising person that will be converted into a binding supervision commitment if accepted as a PhD student (according to the Potsdam PhD regulations).
1) STUDY AND ADMISSION REGULATIONS IECL (PhD)
2) GENERAL REGULATIONS of the UNIVERSITY OF POTSDAM