Since April 2016: Postdoc in the project Bridging in Biodiversity Science (BIBS), work package 1: “ScapeLabs – experimental platform”.
2008 Diploma, University of Potsdam, Biology with focus on Ecology & Nature conservation, Thesis: “Determinants of competitive ability and density-dependence in the invasive plant Senecio inaequidens DC.”
2017 PhD, University of Potsdam, Thesis: “Understanding the emergence and maintenance of biodiversity in grasslands: linking individual plant responses to community patterns”
- Local and landscape effects on biodiversity in agricultural landscapes
- Functional diversity of temperate plant communities
- Mechanisms of coexistence in plants
- Linking individual-based small-scale models with empirical data
- Experimental plant ecology
- Bridging in Biodiversity Science (BIBS)
- Weiss L, Schalow L, Jeltsch F, Geissler K (2019) Experimental evidence for root competition effects on community evenness in one of two phytometer species. - Journal of Plant Ecology, 12, 281-291.
- Weiss L, Jeltsch F (2015) The response of simulated grassland communities to the cessation of grazing. - Ecological modelling 303: 1-11. DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2015.02.002
- Bergholz K, Jeltsch F, Weiss L, Pottek J, Geißler K, Ristow M (2015) Fertilization affects the establishment ability of species differing in seed mass via direct nutrient addition and indirect competition effects. - Oikos. DOI:10.1111/oik.02193
- Weiss L, Pfestorf H, May F, Körner K, Boch S, Fischer M, Müller J, Prati D, Socher S, Jeltsch F (2014) Grazing response patterns indicate isolation of semi-natural European grasslands. – Oikos 123: 599-612. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0706.2013.00957.x
- Pfestorf H, Weiss L, Müller J, Boch S, Socher S, Prati D, Schöning I, Weiser W, Fischer M, Jeltsch F (2013) Community mean traits as additional indicators to monitor effects of land use intensity on grassland plant diversity. - Perspectives in Plant Ecology Evolution and Systematics 15: 1-11.
- Jeltsch F, Blaum N, Brose U, Chipperfield JD, Clough Y, Farwig N, Geissler K, Graham CH, Grimm V, Hickler T, Huth A, May F, Meyer KM, Pagel J, Reineking B, Rillig MC, Shea K, Schurr FM, Schröder B, Tielbörger K, Weiss L, Wiegand K, Wiegand T, Wirth C, Zurell D (2013) How can we bring together empiricists and modellers in functional biodiversity research? - Basic and Applied Ecology 14: 93-101.
- Herde A, Marquard E, Pirhofer-Walzl K, Weißhuhn K, Ziege M (ed.) (2019) Vielfalt in der Uckermark (www.bbib.org/261/brosch%C3%Bcre.html), different contributions
- Berlin-Brandenburg Institute for Biodiversity Research bbib.org
- Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg