Plant Ecology and Nature Conservation
Phone: +49 - 331 - 977 6253
Building 60, 3rd floor, room 3.10
Since 04/2016 Postdoc in the project Bridging in Biodiversity Science (BIBS) in Work Package 1 ('ScapeLabs'). More info here.
Landscape-scale impacts on and patterns of biodiversity in agricultural landscapes
(functional) diversity of plant communities in Central European grasslands
Mechanisms of coexistence in plants
Linking individual-based small-scale models with empirical data
Experimental plant ecology
- 2017 PhD Thesis: “Understanding the emergence and maintenance of biodiversity in grasslands: linking individual plant responses to community patterns”, University of Potsdam
- 2007-2008 Diploma Thesis: “Determinants of competitive ability and density-dependence in the invasive plant Senecio inaequidens DC.”
- 2001-2008 Biology, University of Potsdam, Specialisation Ecology/Conservation Biology
- 2000-2001 Applied environmental studies, University of Trier
- Weiss L, Schalow L, Jeltsch F, Geissler K (2018) Experimental evidence for root competition effects on community evenness in one of two phytometer species. – Journal of Plant Ecology. doi.org/10.1093/jpe/rty021
- Weiss L (2017) Understanding the emergence and maintenance of biodiversity in grasslands: linking individual plant responses to community patterns”, PhD Thesis, University of Potsdam
- Weiss L, Jeltsch F (2015) The response of simulated grassland communities to the cessation of grazing. - Ecological modelling 303: 1-11. DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2015.02.002
- Bergholz K, Jeltsch F, Weiss L, Pottek J, Geißler K, Ristow M (2015) Fertilization affects the establishment ability of species differing in seed mass via direct nutrient addition and indirect competition effects. - Oikos. DOI:10.1111/oik.02193
- Weiss L, Pfestorf H, May F, Körner K, Boch S, Fischer M, Müller J, Prati D, Socher S, Jeltsch F (2014) Grazing response patterns indicate isolation of semi-natural European grasslands. – Oikos 123: 599-612. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0706.2013.00957.x
- Pfestorf H, Weiss L, Müller J, Boch S, Socher S, Prati D, Schöning I, Weiser W, Fischer M, Jeltsch F (2013) Community mean traits as additional indicators to monitor effects of land use intensity on grassland plant diversity. - Perspectives in Plant Ecology Evolution and Systematics 15: 1-11.
- Jeltsch F, Blaum N, Brose U, Chipperfield JD, Clough Y, Farwig N, Geissler K, Graham CH, Grimm V, Hickler T, Huth A, May F, Meyer KM, Pagel J, Reineking B, Rillig MC, Shea K, Schurr FM, Schröder B, Tielbörger K, Weiss L, Wiegand K, Wiegand T, Wirth C, Zurell D (2013) How can we bring together empiricists and modellers in functional biodiversity research? - Basic and Applied Ecology 14: 93-101.