Successful candidates for projects in the Fernie, Figueiredo and Sampathkumar groups will be employed at the MPI of Molecular Plant Physiology (MPI-MP). Doctoral researchers receive a Max Planck doctoral funding contract, including social security and health insurance benefits. The working time amounts to 39 hours per week, the remuneration corresponds to 65% of pay group 13 level 1 of the TVöD Bund. Provided that the contractual activity is carried out without interruption, the remuneration increases after one year to 65% of pay group 13 level 2 TVöD Bund. Employment will be initially for 36 months, with a possibility of extension until at most 31 December 2027. The fixed term of employment is in accordance with Section 2 subsection 1 of the German Act on Limited Scientific Contracts (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz or WissZeitVG).
As a research institution, we support our employees with numerous benefits:
- Good transport connections and the possibility to receive a monthly subsidy for your public transport job ticket
- Benefit from an annual bonus
- A wide range of corporate health management offers and University sports programs
- 30 vacation days a year and exemption from work on 24 and 31 December
- Childcare possibility at the Fröbel kindergarten near the campus
- A campus canteen with a wide variety of meals
Successful candidates will become part of the PhD researcher community at the MPI-MP and benefit from:
- Mentoring, training, and support for graduate students organized in the frame of the IMPRS MolPlant.
- Regular scientific exchange with peers and senior researchers in seminars and lectures, including yearly presentations of their own research at the MPI-MP's weekly Progress Seminar.
- A stimulating and dynamic research environment in a diverse and international team of cooperative and motivated scientists.
- Access to the infrastructure of one of the leading plant science institutes.
Graduate researchers at the MPI-MP are registered for doctoral candidacy at the University of Potsdam’s Faculty of Science. The doctoral degree is awarded by the University.
You can find more information about the MPI-MP at