Students from all departments (EXCEPT LAW STUDENTS!)
- Before you start, make sure you can work on the placement test for up to 35 minutes without disturbance or interruption. It is not possible to quick-save the test or to re-register. This test can only be taken again at the beginning of the next semester, at the earliest.
- The result of the placement test is binding and has to match the score listed as a prerequisite for the course you wish to enroll in.
- Please work independently and without a dictionary or any other help. Be careful to write your name and your Matriculation Number correctly when you register for the test.
- Students who are registered at other universities should enter their own Matriculation Number when registering for the placement test.
- People who are merely auditing a course, alumni and staff, or are otherwise not currently registered as university students should think of a six-digit number NOT BEGINNING WITH 7, write it down for later reference, and enter it into the system.
- The test result as well as information concerning course registration will be displayed when the test has been completed and submitted.
- You can contact our staff in the English Department if you have any further questions concerning the test.
- Students who are registered at other universities, University of Potsdam staff and alumni as well as interested others who would like to take an English course at the University of Potsdam should inform Steffen Skowronek (skowron @ uni-potsdam.de) of their test result and let him know which courses they are interested in. As University of Potsdam students have to be given priority in the admission process, others will be informed about remaining places via e-mail only after the first week of the lecture period.
For first-semester law students, the test date will be announced during the introductory week of the FSR Jura in October 2018.
- Date, Room TBA, Griebnitzsee Campus. Link to registration as of 01 Oct 2018.