MARCS/Western Sydney University
University of Toronto, Mississauga
Universitat de Barcelona
Call for Papers
The 4th Workshop on Infant Language Development (WILD 2019) will take place June 13–15 in Potsdam, Germany. WILD offers a specialised forum for infant language researchers to present high-quality research and discuss latest trends in the study of early language and cognitive development.
Infancy plays an important role in language development. Recent years have seen a rapid growth in the study of early language acquisition and of interdisciplinary approaches to the investigation of young infants' linguistic abilities. The overarching goal of WILD is to tap into this momentum and to bring together scientists with different perspectives as well as methodological approaches investigating early language development. The topics covered include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development of speech perception and production
- Speech segmentation
- Word learning
- Early syntactic abilities/emergence of grammar
- Links between language development and the development of other cognitive abilities
- Language and cognition in monolingual and bilingual infants
- Individual, crosslinguistic and cross-cultural variability
- Atypical language acquisition
- Novel techniques in infant language acquisition research
- Null results in well-designed and theoretically sound experiments: What could they mean? (Posters only)
- Developmental trajectories in typical and atypical language acquisition
WILD is a single-track event without parallel sessions. Each poster will be presented in one of two sessions of 1½ hour. We invite submissions for presentations as talks (20 min + 10 min discussion) or posters.
- Length: 500 words maximum
- Optional: single page PDF file with additional plots or figures
- Deadline: 7th Dec.
Abstracts must be submitted through our EasyChair Website:
To the WILD2019 EasyChair website
We look forward to seeing you in Potsdam!
WILD will take place on 13–15th June 2019 (Thursday to Saturday) in Potsdam's city centre.
|7th December 2018||Abstract submission deadline|
|31st January 2019||Notification of acceptance|
|4th March 2019||Programme online|
|31st March 2019||Early bird registration deadline|
|31st May 2019||Online registration deadline|
|12th June 2019||Pre-conference event (t.b.a.)|
|13–15th June 2019||WILD|
WILD is organised by members of the language acquisition group a the University of Potsdam
Contact us under:
WILD Organising Committee
University of Potsdam
Linguistics / H.14 / R.140
Phone, Fax & Social Media
+49 331 977 2296
+49 331 977 2095
The conference will be hosted by the University of Potsdam and will take place in the Potsdam Museum at the Old Market Square of Potsdam's historic city centre.
Detailed information on the conference venue will follow soon.
Postdam is located close to Berlin, about 30 km away.
Coming from abroad, it is easiest to get a connection to Berlin and then go to Potsdam by public transport.
Berlin has two airports: Tegel (TXL) and Schönefeld (SFX) the IATA code for both is BER. From Schönefeld there is a direct train to Potsdam (about 35 min).
Local connections can be found here:
Other useful links for your visit: