Announcement of Openings
The Chair of French- and Spanish-speaking Literatures (Prof. Dr. Ottmar Ette) at the Institute for Romance Languages and Literatures of the Philosophical Faculty of the University of Potsdam announces 5 openings in the context of a new BMBF project entitled “Alexander von Humboldt’s American Travel diaries: Genealogy, Chronology, and Epistemology.”
The following three-year positions are available for February 1, 2014:
- 1 Postdoctoral Research Assistantship (full-time, 40 hours/week) [155/2013]
- 1 Postdoctoral Research Assistantship (half-time, 20 hours/week) [156/2013]
- 3 Pre-doctoral Research Assistantships (full-time/40 hours/week) [157/2013]
Salaries for all positions are competitive (E 13 and E 14 in the German context).
In the context of this transdisciplinary project (under the direction of Prof. Dr. Ottmar Ette), the following research disciplinary foci are most desirable: literary studies, visual studies, history of science, geography. The expected outcome for each position is either a completed doctoral dissertation or a publishable monograph.
- write a dissertation or monograph in the context of the above project.
- help organize conferences/workshops about the topic of the BMBF project.
- assist in preparing scholarly editions and/or collections.
- collaborate with the project’s partners (Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz) Continue reading