All conference hotels are located in Potsdam, and on 29 May, 31 May, and 1 June, the conference takes place at the campus site “Neues Palais”, adjacent to the famous Sanssouci Park and four kilometres from the historical city centre.
We have pre-booked rooms at the following hotels:
1) Arcona Hotel am Havelufer: 110 reserved rooms. Reduced prices for conference participants are available until 25 April 2014.
Single room: 73 Euro
Double room: 83 Euro
Please cite the name of one of the organising associations – GNEL or GAst – when making your booking in order to secure the reduced price.
The hotel is close to the train station Potsdam Charlottenhof, so it is easily accessible from Berlin and there are also buses and trams going to university and Potsdam city center.
2) Kongresshotel Potsdam Am Templiner See: 80 single rooms and 10 double rooms reserved; reduced prices are available until 20th March 2014.
Single room 69 Euro
Double room 95 Euro
When a room is booked, the word ‘Anglistik’ needs to be mentioned in order to secure the reduced price.
This hotel is not as easy to get to as Arcona Hotel. It is close to the train station
Potsdam Pirschheide and there are buses and trams going to the university and Potsdam city center but not as often as from Arcona Hotel.
3) As a low-cost accommodation option, we have reserved up to 40 beds in shared rooms at Gasthouse Hochland. This hostel is located at Holzmarktstraße 12 in Potsdam and can be reached by bus and tram from the city centre, train station, as well as from the University Campus.
The cost for a bed for 4 nights is approximately 90 Euro in total. If you are interested in reserving a bed, please contact the conference team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place. Reservations will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
Please note: you will need to pay the full amount for your stay in cash on arrival at the conference.
Also, you should inform us when making your reservation request whether you would require any of the following extra services:
– Bed linen, sheets etc
– Reduced rate day travel cards for Potsdam and/or for Potsdam and Berlin
4) For anyone wishing to stay in Berlin, we recommend the official Berlin Hotel Finder.