As decentralized Equal Opportunity Commissioners of the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, we support the central Equal Opportunity Commissioner of the University of Potsdam in the performance of her duties according to BBgHG §7 and §68.
We participate in the Faculty Council and the Senate Commission for Equal Opportunity with the right to speak and propose motions. In particular, we work towards the implementation of the current Equal Opportunity Plan and towards a discrimination-free university.
Furthermore, we accompany all appointment procedures (and, if required, recruitment procedures) and advise on junior staff issues and individual needs.
We are your personal contact for all individual questions and problems relating to equality.
You can reach us at the shared email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all individual questions and problems concerning equality, you can contact our team directly or write us an email (email@example.com). We are available as contact persons for all faculty members including students, academic and technical staff.
Topics can be, for example:
- Equality measures FLINTA
- Sexual discrimination, harassment and violence (flyer)
- Conflicts with gender aspects
- Gender aspects in research
- Gender-sensitive language
- Unconscious bias
- Support with the change of first name and gender registration at the UP
- Networks and further training
- Maternity protection
- Childcare problems
- Care for relatives
- and more
Further information and legal foundations
See the following links for legal and institutional frameworks for equality.
- Brandenburg Higher Education Act
- General Equal Treatment Act
- Equality Plan of the faculty (2020-2024)
- Equal opportunity concepts and measures at the University of Potsdam (2020-2025)
- Family-friendly university / Service for Families
- Act on Fixed-Term Employment Contracts in Academia - WissZeitVG
- Individual disadvantage compensation
On September 21, 2022, the Senate of the University of Potsdam issued the anti-discrimination guideline for protection against discrimination, (cyber-) bullying and (cyber-) stalking. Further information in cases of sexualized discrimination can also be found in this flyer from October 2020: “What to do incases of sexualized discrimination, harassment and violence? Information, options for action and points of contact.”
In addition, see the links below; there are a number of contact persons inside and outside the university who can help you with a broad range of questions.
- Support for doctoral studies, undergraduate studies and science
- Compatibility of studies, career and family
- Change of first name and change of gender entry
- Conflict counseling and counselors
- Sexual discrimination and violence
Further information is also available from these external agencies:
- Gender consulting in research networks
- State Office for Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination
- Federal Conference of Women’s and Gender Equality Representatives at Universities
We host regular FLINTA network meetings at the faculty. Upcoming meetings will be announced here and mailed out via the faculty mail distribution list.
Go to the calendar of events of the Central Equal Opportunity Coordination Office here.