Create a study
- Select Create a new study.
- Decide whether you need a Standard, Multy-Part or Online External Study.
- Decide whether you reward participants with money or participant hours (VP-Stunden)
- IMPORTANT: if you reward your participants with either money or participant hours, please select Credits here!
- Provide information about the study:
- The name of the study (keep it short; you can mention your research method here)
- Abstract (255 symbols): this is shown to your participants at first. Put here the most important information, for example limitations for participation that are not taken into account by a pre-screening procedure (e.g., age).
- IMPORTANT: If you reward your participants with money, indicate here the amount explicitly.
- DEscription (up to 15 000 symbols): Details of your study. This is optional, you can just copy the text from the abstract.
- Duration in minutes: !! IMPORTANT !!: the duration must correspond to the number of participant hours (VP-Stunden). The rule: each started half-hour must be rewarded with 0.5 participant hour, which is a minimal unit of reward.
- Add the name of PI: Each study has to have one (and no more than one) PI.
- Add the name(s) of the Researcher(s): Multiple researchers are allowed in one study.
- Approval Code of the Ethics Committee: optional.
- How to make the study visible for participants: → mark fields “Approved” and “Active Study” with “yes”.
- ADD this Study (press the button)
- After the button ADD this Study is pressed, you can check once again all information about the study.
- Restrictions (view/modify): you can specify the restrictions for participation here (e.g., mother tongue, vision or hearing problems etc.). The study will be shown only to those participants, who correspond the specified requirements.
- Creation of timeslots → Add a Timeslot / Add Mutiple Timeslots
It is imortant to create timeslots even for online studies. First, it allows to limit the number of participants and set a deadline. Second, it makes possible to monitor who used the link to the study from SONA. In any case, during your online study you should request a 4-digit ID from each anounimous participant and assign participant hours (VP-Stunden) to participants in SONA by using these IDs.
SONA can communicate with several external online questionnaire systems. Information about this functionality can be found here: www.sona-systems.com/help