Nora Carstens studied Political Science as well as Law (Corporate and Business Law) at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg and the University of Tartu from 2012 to 2016. Thereafter, she completed her Master’s degree in Public Administration at the University of Potsdam. During her studies, she worked as a research assistant at the chair for Political Science, Administration and Organization at the University of Potsdam. Since October 2018, she is a research fellow and doctoral student in the TROPICO-project (Transforming into Open, Innovative and Collaborative Governments).
Nora Carstens studies the effect of multi-level governance systems on the digital transformation of the public administration. She puts a special focus on the municipal level and the online access act (Onlinezugangsgesetz/ OZG). Her other main interests include the research on political parties and electoral systems.
- Winter semester 2022/23: Parties and Party System in Germany (Bachelor, Seminar)
- Summer semester 2022: Governance in the Federal State (Bachelor, Seminar) and Elections and Electoral Behavior in Germany (Bachelor, Seminar)
- Winter semester 2021/22: Parties and Party competition (Bachelor, Seminar together with Lukas Thiele)
- Summer semester 2020: Political parties and party systems (Bachelor, Seminar)
- Winter semester 2019/20: Introduction into academic work for Political and Administrational Science (Bachelor, Seminar)
- Summer semester 2019: Political parties and party systems (Bachelor, Seminar)
- Winter semester 2018/19: Introduction into academic work for Political and Administrational Science (Bachelor, Seminar)
Fleischer, J. & Carstens, N. (2020): Policy Labs as Arenas for Boundary Spanning-Evidence from the Digital Transformation in Germany, Vortrag auf der ECPR General Conference Online, Virtual Event, 24.- 28 August 2020.
Carstens, N. (2020): Single-Sign-On für die deutsche Kommunalverwaltung - Einflussfaktoren für die Einführung von Servicekonten, presentation at the 13th Annual Conference of the "Forum Junge Staats-, Policy- und Verwaltungsforschung (FoJuS)", "Zukunft der Verwaltung, Verwaltung der Zukunft", Helmut-Schmidt-University Hamburg, 27- 28. February 2020, Hamburg.
Carstens, N. (2019): Digitalisation Labs – A new form of collaboration to overcome the joint decision trap?, PSG VI: Governance of Public Sector Organizations, EGPA Annual Conference Belfast, United Kingdom, 11. - 13. September 2019.
University of Potsdam
Chair for German Politics and
House 1 - Room: 1.73