Junior Teaching Professionals
Fit for teaching
Target group: PhD candidates
Duration of the program: 12 month
A new round of applications is expected to start in December 2023 for the 2024/25 round.
You know what that is? Do you have to take on teaching duties in addition to your own research work and feel thrown in at the deep end? You would like to underpin your intuitive teaching with didactic knowledge? Then the Junior Teaching Professionals Program is just right for you. The one-year certificate program consists of:
- Six didactic workshops and one individual coaching
- The implementation of accompanied and independent teaching
- Mentoring by experienced university lecturers
- Networking: collegial teaching hospitation and Forum ProLehre
- Familiarize yourself with current concepts around learning and knowledge transfer.
- Reflect on how you understand your role as teacher.
- Plan a course efficiently with professional support and conduct it independently.
- Benefit from individual feedback on your teaching and experiences shared by your colleagues.
- Put what you have learned into practice right away!
Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a certificate to be used for your future applications.
Conditions of participation & Additional information
The program is aimed at PhD candidates of all scientific disciplines. Please note your status as one of the following:
- University of Potsdam
- Partner institutions
The participation fee depends on your status. For further information please refer to the current announcement.
Free childcare available during participation in program workshops.
Please submit the following application documents during the application period:
- Letter of motivation
- Preliminary confirmation of participation, including a declaration of agreement from a teacher who will be available as a mentor case of a successful application and from the first supervising university teacher
For detailed information, please refer to the call for proposals.
Kontakt: Dr. Kerstin Hille
Potsdam Graduate School
WIS | Wissenschaftsetage, 4. Etage
Am Kanal 47