International Teaching Professionals
Fit for Teaching
Target group: International and German PhD candidates and postdoctoral researchers
Duration of the program: 12 month
The application deadline for the 2021/2022 round has expired.
You want to gain teaching experience and improve your didactic skills? You are uncertain about the local teaching culture? Your students seem uninterested? Then join the International Teaching Professionals program.
The annual certificate program includes:
- Didactic training by experts in academic teaching practice (7 workshops in English)
- Practical teaching project at the University of Potsdam
- Mentoring by an experienced university teacher
- Networking: Mutual teaching observations and exchange in the Forum ProTeaching
- Get to know the German teaching system
- Confident and self-assured appearance in class
- Dealing with critical students
- Gain new ideas and motivation for teaching
- Dealing with stress and improving the teaching atmosphere
- Reduction of workload through targeted e-learning
- Reflection of the lecture with didacticians and colleagues
- Interdisciplinary exchange with other ITP participants.
- constructive feedback on problems from colleagues and mentors and trainers
Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a certificate for your future applications.
Testimonial: Dr. Sara Savi, ITP participant 2014-15
"I am glad that such courses are offered, and I will strongly encourage everybody to participate in it. [...] The concepts learned during this course will be very precious for my life [...]."
Testimonial: PhD candidate Camilo Germán Alberto Pérez Chaparro, ITP participant 2016-17
"Thanks to the ITP program I am now capable to create courses and teach at a higher education level."
Conditions of participation & Additional information
Please note that the program costs are based on three membership groups:
- University of Potsdam
- Partner institution
- External applicant